Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tag Results: Don't Read if You Have a Weak Stomach

1. For a midnight snack, I used to occasionally eat hotdogs without cooking them: my wife thought it was disgusting, but hey- aren't they already cooked? I've stopped that 'disgusting' habit ever since I started going to the gym a year ago. What's really in a hotdog, anyway?

2. I used to operate a nuclear reactor on a U.S. Navy ship 25 years ago. I don't have most of my hair any longer, but I was able to father 3 kids.

3. My favorite class in high school was creative writing (I'm an engineer; hey did you know that engineers CAN write?).

4. After 20+ years of using a PC running Windoze, I finally upgraded to a MacBook Pro Duo, so now I can run Mac OS and Windoze. I know, I know, why bother to run Windoze on a MAC? Yech!

5. I want to sell my house and live in an RV, touring the country when I retire. "Yeah, Right!" says my other half.

Now I'll peruse the Diabetes OC for 5 more D's to tag.

3 comments:

George said...

Gary, when i was a kid i used to ALWAYS eat cold hot dogs out of the fridge.

The thought of doing that now makes me so sick to my stomach! Funny how things change.

Scott K. Johnson said...

I chuckled at the bald thing in relation to your "nuclear" career!

I recently picked up an old iBook G3 - and it's convinced me that I want to shell out the big bucks for a nice new one with my tax return.

Gary said...

George, guess I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to those hotdogs out of the fridge. I just had one last night after writing that post, and I hadn't eaten one like that in a year!

Hey Scott, I think a Mac would be a fantastic great use of your tax return! Today they are upgrading the remaining Macs with Intel Core 2 Duo chips. I just purchased 'parallels', which allows me to run Windoze or Linux or whatever as a Virtual Machine, natively.

I have a few apps which have to run under Windoze, so now I can have my Mac too!