Wednesday, November 08, 2006

From CGMS back to fingersticks...

A *BAD* couple of D days for me.

I went to work out at the gym, and accidentally pulled my infusion set out. I replaced the set with one of the straight-in infusion sets(inset), and was in the 200s all day, haven't done that for awhile.

BS's continued to rise so I took several injections at work. Still in the 200s at home, pulled my infusion set, and you guessed it, that straight in cannula was bent at a 90 degree angle; hence little or no insulin delivery, hence the 200s.

I inserted one of the angled sets I have, the comfort short (which I
*WILL* be going back to), and BS's returned to normal, except that my DexCom receiver showed lots of *NOISE* in the morning, with readings all over the place.

I have been getting 10+ days recently; this is only one of a few sensors that have crapped out after 4 days.

No time to replace the sensor this morning, forgot to bring an extra sensor to work, so I'm back on lots of fingersticks for the first time in awhile. I'll probably end up testing every 2 hours or so depending on how busy I am at work, and then I'll insert a new sensor at home.

I've adjusted my Basal rates fairly well while on the DexCom CGMS, so I'm at 108; it will be interesting to see how I make out while I'm NAKED without my sensor the rest of my work day.

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

I bet you feel just really crippled without that info. I know I would after spending any time on a continuous monitor!

Here's to a quick sensor replacement!